Name: The Market, ( Nightclub) South Yarra Mngr: Steve
Date: Client since 2006
Main motivation to buy:
Environmental and to reduce noise. Keen to recycle. Heavy users in glass bottles and wanted to lessen this impact on the immediate environment and community as a whole.
Results on the following:
1. Space reduction( loading dock area, parking space)
Quite substantial. Without all the empty bottles taking up space in our storage we have reduced our waste to two small bins( mini skips) and the BottleCycler bins are compact and take up very little space. Also our waste area is tidier and more accessible for deliveries and in case of an emergency.
2. Operational efficiency ( handling time reduction)
Previously we would fill a bar bin every half an hour and would have to take it out back to empty. Now we fill a BottleCycler bin on average every 4 hours and if we are busy, it is small enough to set aside without having to take it out the back. So there is hardly any travelling with the empties. In terms of handling: separating the glass from general rubbish was no big deal: we worked that out within a couple of days and now staff do it as second nature. We redirect our bottles to the machine and either process them as they come in or utilise our bus staff in quieter moments ( dead time) to push them through, which is a more efficient use of their hours.
3. Reduction collection costs:
Overall costs are on par with previous system: so haven’t incurred any extra costs and have all the added benefits of reduced space, noise and travelling. Plus the recycling!
4. Noise reduction( indoors and outdoors)
Definitely reduced in two major ways (outdoors).
- Previously we had to take full bins out back of venue ( which borders on apartment block) and empty bottles into metal skip which was extremely noisy. We were restricted in when we could do this of course.
- Before BottleCycler we were filling our bar bins every half hour and having to take them out. This then meant that our back door was constantly being opened, letting out a burst of club noise every time. Now that door is hardly opened at all during the course of an evening, keeping the noise inside.
5. Improved OH&S
Apart from the machine being safe to use for the staff: no more lifting of heavy bottle bins!Can definitely see the OH&S improvement and takes away the hassle for us knowing no one is going to cut themselves on broken glass or do their back in!
6. Disposal reliability and overall clean up.
Bins are stylish, fit well into our back alley and make our storage area tidy.
Feedback on service: Reliable, always available, quick response time, good to deal with and willing to cater to our needs. Bin cleaning service ( sanitising) has made a difference and is great improvement/addition to the overall maintenance aspect of the service.